Here are my NG sightings in Arizona, all in flight and all not in migration: resident raptors. This compliments my story — You are Being Fooled. Tucson, Yuma, Apache Junction, Green Valley, Nogales, Tubac, Goodyear, Scottsdale, Congress, Elgin. I did not report or enter my sightings in my field notes as an accipiter. In other words, I called the species. NB. If you do not realize what you have observed, then how can you report upon it? NB.
There are different types of logic. Donald Peter Friday, an expert birder, one of the top birders in the U.S. writes: If you think you saw a Goshawk, you probably did not see a Goshawk. I say: If you think you saw a Goshawk, you probably did see a goshawk, but didn’t realize it! This is the main thought of this entire website! In other words, if you didn’t see something, then you can’t speak about what you did not see! NB.
Goshawk doubles twice leading to Goshawk triples. At 1 pm. Over Saint Mary’s Church in Anacortes were two female NG circling at about 500 feet elevation. Then they glided to another area and continued circling. Then one female pumped away heading for the nearby Anacortes Forest. The remaining NG did a stoop into the evergreen trees, at about a 45 degree angle. Then she shot out of the trees. Now trailing behind and trying to catch up was a male NG. I observed the two females for about ten minutes and observed the male and female for about ten minutes. The sighting was naked eye. I departed the area with male and female still circling, on Oct. 1. This is the first time that I have observed triples in Anacortes. I have observed triples once at Deception Pass. Be cautious out there. NB.
Comments
Post a Comment